It is also true that those who wildly succeed are those who take their education into their own hands. In this, marketing is just like every other profession. You must learn before you can substantially earn, especially over the long term!
Fortunately, there are many great places to turn for excellent training and personal development in this industry! While it is my hope that someday this very blog will be a source you can turn to for training and advice...today I turn you over to the places that I go to learn from. After all, some things are best when taken directly from the source!
1. Most network marketing/direct sales companies will have some online training included for you, at no additional cost, just because you joined them. In my experience, these are usually some pretty great training modules! This is the very first source that you should exhaust. Go into your online workstation or back office (or whatever your company calls it), and look around relentlessly until you have soaked up every ounce of information and training available there. The best part of this training is that it is guaranteed to be 100% relevant to being successful in your specific company network.
2. Does your company offer live events? Are any of them near you? If they aren't, is there a way for you to get to an event that is far away? In my case, I live in a large city with a very active associate base for one of my two companies...so live trainings are available multiple times a week if I have the time to attend them all, and larger events sometimes take place here as well. My experiences with live events is the same as with the online trainings I have completed: They are an excellent resource and often highly motivating! If you can find your way to a live event for your company, do it! Meeting others who are on the same path but in different stages is worthwhile all by itself. It gives you the chance to see yourself in every step of the journey, from novice to millionaire leader.
3. My next favorite source is one that I just recently discovered: www.SmarterNetworker.com For those of you familiar with Dani Johnson, this is her site. If you aren't familiar with Dani Johnson, then go check out her site. There are tons of recorded conference calls available for FREE, and in many of them she offers some extremely practical advice. She will also try very hard to convince you to attend one of her live trainings on most of the calls - which I have heard really great things about from colleagues of mine, although I cannot speak to those firsthand. I haven't gone yet, as I just started delving into her training calls last week. I did buy her Script Book right away though, and I am thoroughly impressed with that! So impressed that I am in the process of redoing my entire contact/resource list in order to start over and try everyone again...but with a much better approach this time!
4. Books & Audiobooks. Some you'll love, some you won't...these are all worth going through at least once in order to decide for yourself what works for you. There are MANY books out there for self development and entrepreneurship, here's a (very) small reading list to get you on your way....
- The Success Principals by Jack Canfield. (I love that he includes a suggested reading list at the back!)
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, and The 8th Habit, by Steven Covey
- The Compassionate Samurai by Brian Klemmer
- How to Make Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
5. Last but not least on my top five places to find training...your Sponsor/Upline/Team! Take notes. Take lots of notes. Go with them on presentations or parties and observe. Ask questions.
Finally, as with all learning, it is imperative that you attempt to apply as much of it as possible, as soon as possible. Take action. Do the homework. In this case, it will literally pay off!
Where are your favorite places to go for personal development and training? Comment below!