Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Thankful Tuesday

I first ran across this idea from my 9thgrade Speech teacher, Mrs. Beasley, who insisted that we write 5 things we were grateful for every day that semester.  That was the first thing we did every single day after getting to our seats. She didn’t take credit for the idea either. She heard the idea one day on the Oprah Winfrey Show. I do not know where Oprah found the idea, but somehow I doubt that it originated with her either.

 

So I’m dubbing today “Thankful Tuesday”! Sometimes I’ll be thankful for the big, timeless things in my life, like this week. Sometimes I’m certain to be thankful for the seemingly insignificant and fleeting things too!

 

1.     I am thankful for my Christian faith. I probably don’t express that nearly often enough, but I truly am. My faith is the core of my strengths, and the base of every positive character trait I can claim.

2.     In the same vein, I am thankful for my parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles. They are amazing examples of how to be a great person who makes a positive difference in the world, of how to live my life as a beacon of hope and love for others. They are avatars of gentle persistent strength in the face of challenge and hardship, and amazing problem solvers. They are a continuing inspiration to me, forever and always.

3.     I am thankful for my husband. Sometimes we are blessed far beyond what we deserve. I won’t deny that he also sometimes drives me crazy – but I have no stronger supporter in my corner, no greater ally and teammate, no closer friend…than my husband!

4.     I am thankful for my sister. When I need to springboard creative ideas with someone, I look no further than my sister. She is a source of innovation and inspiration, a wellspring of creative solutions to all sorts of life’s problems…both in the personal and professional realms!

5.     I am thankful for my son. He is six months old, and being his mother has already taught me so much. But more than anything, he has taught me the value of time…and how every moment of our lives is precious beyond all measure!

 

What are your five this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment